GDPR Compliance & Data Protection/Data Privacy for Beginners
**Please note that the contents of this course are intended as guidance in regards to best practice within organisations and do not constitute legal advice. For information specific to your company with regards to data protection, please contact your organisation’s data protection officer**
Over this course, you’ll learn about the following aspects of GDPR and Data Protection / Data Privacy Compliance
* An overview of the General Data Protection Regulations themselves
* An in depth view of each right under GDPR
* Data Protection vs Data Privacy
* Obligations of a business in relation to personal data
* The responsibilities of data controllers and employees
* Reportable and non-reportable data breaches
Also included within each of the above sections are some real-world examples of these rights being applied in relation to personal data as well as information on who is liable should a breach occur, which can depend on the circumstances involved and more importantly how well best practice was followed in regards to a specific incident.
It is important to note that GDPR applies to any data that goes in or out of the EU or is related to EU citizens, regardless of where your organisation may be based. This is especially important for organisations based in multiple countries.